Today I am sharing with you my favorite tools for organizing my life. These are things I use in many ways so I am sharing my top ten items and some ways they help me organize.
1. Label Maker- Back in the day (I can’t believe I am saying that but it’s true), they had label makers that were strips of plastic and using a spinning dial, letters were punched into the film, and came out raised. At the time, it was a pretty cool gadget, but it only came in one font and took a while with the dial. Now these wonderful label maker come in all kinds of fonts and styles that make labeling folders and boxes a breeze. They are also great for labeling shelves, personal items and drawers.
2. Sticky Notes – I use these every day to jot down notes, ideas and reminders. They are also great because they are color coded and are moveable. The tiny ones are great to bookmark articles, recipes and notes.
3. Binders – You have heard me mention my household binder before, but I also use binders for my blog, my parents health information, school information, travel and recipes. Binders are a wonderful way to organize information that needs to be readily available.
4. Folders – File folders are great for information that does not need to be within arms reach, but needs to be accessed at different times. They are also great for holding receipts, statements and tax information. I love the beautiful array of styles that they come in as well.
5. Storage Caddies – I have several of these in different areas of my home. Besides my household command center, I use them for crafts, pens, stationery and note cards.
6. Plastic Zippered Storage Bags – These are so useful for so much beyond food. They are great for travel, craft supplies, appliance accessories and souvenirs.
7. Photo and Shoe Boxes – I use shoe and photo boxes for gift baskets, organizing supplies and photos.
8. Smart Phone – Possibly the greatest invention in my lifetime (after the laptop computer) has allowed me to keep my to do lists, grocery lists, contact information, photos and notes all in one place. Honestly, how did we do it before these?
9. Index Cards – These are a great way to sort and log information. I use mine for organizing my blog contacts, recipes, cleaning schedules and as storage inventory logs.
10. Color Markers/Highlighters – I love color so I often write in different colors so that I can find my notes quickly. I love markers and tend to have more than I need, but I use them a lot.
Do you use these items? What is your favorite organization tool?