These Pumpkin Pecan cookies are just what I needed this weekend. I was so excited we actually got a taste of fall weather! It was cooler and we even got a little bit of rain. It looks like we are headed back towards the 80’s for the week but it was still nice to have a little taste of autumn.
So I took my chance and whipped up these Pumpkin Pecan cookies. I figured I had to take advantage of the cooler weather and bake. Besides I just love the smell of pumpkin in the house this time of year.
I also needed this because my UCLA Bruins lost this week in college football. It was a tough game to watch. We almost came back but couldn’t do it. Sigh. So these cookies helped ease the loss.
There is just something about baking cookies on a rainy day.
You will love these.
Pumpkin & Pecan Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 cups flour
- ¾ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a bowl, mix together butter, sugars, and egg.
- Add dry ingredients and spices to butter mixture until blended.
- Add pumpkin and pecans and blend.
- Drop by heaping teaspoons onto lined baking sheet and bake 12-14 minutes until lightly browned.
- Let cool.
So for a day I enjoyed cookies and enjoyed my fall decor. How was your weekend?