Skillet Spaghetti is one of those dishes I have been making since my first year of marriage! It is a simple one dish dinner that combines spaghetti, meat and sauce all in a single dish!
I have change the recipe a bit over the years, but I still love that I can whip up a spaghetti meal in a single skillet saving lots of time (and some dish washing too)!
It comes together in minutes and I make mine with ground beef or ground chuck. You can also use ground turkey too!
You make the sauce first,
Then add the uncooked spaghetti and cook it in the sauce on the stove.
About 20 minutes later, it comes together for a wonderful meal!
- 1 pound ground beef
- ¼ cup onions
- 1⅓ cans tomato sauce
- 1¾ cups water
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- pinch of red crushed pepper
- 4 ounces of spaghetti noodles (1/2 of an 8 oz package)
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown ground beef and onions until meat is browned.
- Drain oil
- Add tomato sauce, water and spices.
- Once mixture begins to boil, break apart spaghetti noodles and add to mixture.
- Reduct to simmer for 18-20 minutes.
I love that I can make the sauce and noodles in one pot in about 30 minutes. So easy and the meat sauce is hearty and flavorful.
I chop onions on Sunday so that they are ready do go later during the week. I keep them in a sealed bag in the refrigerator and it saves me time by not having to chop onions several times a week.
How do you like your spaghetti?
If you love skillet meals like I do, be sure to check out my Skillet Lasagna!