This weekend I was noticing that all the Back To School sales are in progress. Another reminder of how quickly the summer goes by! I have some tips on maximizing value while shopping for school supplies.
Even though my kids now buy their own school supplies, I like to shop several things at these sales for organization at home:
- Binders – I love these, they are great for storing and organizing recipes, finances, articles etc. I also use them for to go menus, school, sports and club information, and vacation planning.
- Highlighters – I still like to read actual books and use them to highlight business books. They are great for highlighting articles, dates on newsletters, invitations, and calendars.
- Binder clips – these are super for sealing chip bags, organizing electronic cords and bill paying.
- Pens & Markers – I love to use different color markers in my planner for different activities. These also make great gifts with a journal or notecards, so I like to stock up.
- Composition Books – I used these to keep notes on a subject. I have one that I use to log house repairs and another for car maintenance. They also make journals and are nice gifts when decorated.
- Flash drives – these I use to keep copies of my digital photos. I like to keep my back up photos on these by season. Some of the inexpensive ones will not hold as much, so I buy several.
- Crayons, glue, paints and scissors – these are great to buy now and to make gift baskets for birthdays, holidays and favors. The prices are super low and they always come in handy. These also are ideal items to donate to schools, camps, churches and shelters.
What supplies are you picking up for organizing? I would love to hear from you!
Latest posts by Raquel (Posts)
- Surprise Craft Session with Nescafe - August 2, 2015
- Experiencing the Thrill – Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation - July 31, 2015
- Money Saving Tips for Summer - July 30, 2015