This Cheddar Cheese Ground Beef Dip is a nice hearty, hot dip that is great for game day! We have been watching a lot of football lately and while our teams are not doing so well, at least we can enjoy the food. We are big Los Angeles Rams fans and while we are happy to have them back in LA, it would be nice to see them score a little more. Personally, I think they need a new coach.
Anyways, back to the food.
I always like a nice simple snack or tasty appetizer to go with my TV viewing. This one a a nice hot one for those chilly days and evenings.
All you need is some ground beef,
Then add refried beans and salsa (you can pick the level of heat), and top with a cheese blend.
Pop it in the oven or microwave and you have a hearty and meaty hot dip.
Perfect with tortilla chips and salsa.
Great for game day, or an evening in with a good TV show. This hot and cheesy dip will have you smiling, even if your team isn’t doing so well!
Easy Cheddar Cheese Ground Beef Dip
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 can refried beans
- ½ cup mild red salsa
- 1 cup shredded cheese blend ( I like Monterey Jack/Cheddar)
- In a frying pan over medium heat, brown onions and ground beef.
- Drain when beef is brown and set aside
- Preheat over to 350°.
- In a bowl, mix together refried beans and salsa.
- In a small casserole pan, add browned ground beef as bottom layer.
- Add bean and salsa mixture.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake uncovered in oven about 20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
Have you watched good football games this week?