What a beautiful weekend it was! We had a little fog, but for the most part it really did feel like spring time. I did some springtime crafting and I also made some delicious chewy oatmeal raisin cookies, so today I am sharing my best oatmeal raisin cookie recipe. It is an adaptation from a few recipes, changing up the recipe over the years is the best way to make your favorites. These cookies stay fresh for a while and are so good anytime of day.
This oatmeal raisin cookie recipe with quick oats can be put together easily and you the cookies freeze well too after baking. It is one of my husband’s favorite cookie recipe.
Best Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Recipe
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup brown sugar (packed)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup cooking oats (the quick cooking kind)
- 1 cup flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅔ cup raisins
- In a large bowl, cream butter, sugars and vanilla until well blended.
- In another bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to butter mixture.
- Fold in raisins.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons about 2" apart on a greased cookie sheet. Bake 12 - 13 minutes until light brown.
This weekend we went to our first festival of the season in our new city. It was a lovely day to be outside near the water. We went to a farmers market and found some great spring offerings. I also did some crafting with my mother and I took her some of these cookies in a basket.
For some fun variations:
Oatmeal raisin bars – Press dough into ungreased 13″ x 9″ baking pan. Bake 25 – 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool before cutting into squares.
Oatmeal raisin pecan cookies – add 1/2 cup chopped pecans to the batter before baking.
How was your weekend?