I wanted to share this tasty Bacon Breakfast Casserole that I make when company comes for breakfast. While it is perfect for Easter, it is also a great make ahead breakfast to prepare the night before a busy day. All you do is just pop it in the oven or take a slice from the refrigerator and pop it in the microwave. Talk about an easy breakfast!
This also makes a nice brunch casserole. This Breakfast casserole with bacon does not have any mustard in it like a lot of the recipes do, but you can add it. I also go out on the onions because when my kids were younger, they did not like onions too much. Luckily, that has changed, but I kept my recipe the same.
Bacon Breakfast Casserole
- 3 cups frozen hash brown squares
- 7 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup onion diced
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ⅛ teaspoon seasoning salt
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- pinch of pepper (to taste)
- Butter or grease a 9 "x 13" pan
- Place frozen hash browns in pan and bake in 350 degree oven for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix together eggs, onion, salt, seasoning salt, pepper and bacon.
- When potatoes have been in for 15 minutes, pour egg mixture on top.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of egg mixture.
- Bake for an additional 40-45 minutes uncovered.
This is one of my favorite breakfast casserole recipes when we have a big weekend planned. If you want to make it ahead of time, just let cool and place in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Then warm in the oven or microwave.
To make this a breakfast casserole with ham just substitute the cooked bacon with chopped cooked ham.
I also have another great recipe for Breakfast casserole with hash browns, this is one of my most popular recipes and is made with the stringy hash browns, not the cubes, but you could make it that way.
What is your favorite breakfast for a busy morning?