These applesauce cinnamon rolls are easy to make with a can of pre-made crescent rolls.
Hello, Friends! I have been spending this week organizing some of my kitchen cupboards. When we moved in, I unpacked all my kitchen appliances in a way I believed I would use them best. Now that we have lived here for six months, I am finding that I am needing to move some items around to make the kitchen more efficient. I especially want to get everything in place before the holidays kick in. I found some cool kitchen organization items and I will share my favorites in an upcoming post.
Yesterday, I caught a glimpse of a beautiful sunrise over the horizon and snapped it with my iPhone. I shared it on my Instagram Stories, but I want to share it with you here in case you missed it.
A sunrise like this is a great way to start a new day, and soon, a new season. In the meantime, this is an updated Applesauce Cinnamon Rolls recipe from a few years ago but still is quick and easy with only 5 ingredients. It doesn’t get much simpler than that.
Applesauce Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 package (8 pack) crescent rolls
- ¾ cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup crushed candied pecans
- Open the crescent rolls and spread out the dough on a cookie sheet.
- Do not separate the rolls, keep it all together in one piece.
- Mix applesauce, cinnamon and brown sugar in a bowl until blended.
- Spoon the applesauce mixture in a thin layer on top of the rolls.
- Top with crushed pecans
- Bake on greased cookie sheet for 10 - 12 minutes.
- While rolls cool, mix icing ingredients.
Icing for Applesauce Cinnamon Rolls
3/4 cup confectioner’s sugar
2 tablespoons milk
Mix together in a small bowl.
Top rolls when slightly cool.
I used the crescent roll dough as a base for the rolls.
Then spread the applesauce mixture on the dough.
Then you spread the mixture on the rolls.
Slice them lengthwise and roll up and bake and add icing.
Mmmm! So good and love the apple flavor!
This is also a great way to use up leftover applesauce!
Be sure to check out these other tasty apple recipe ideas.
What project are you working on this week?